Friday, September 23, 2011

Knowing God - He Knows Us

Nahum 1:7
The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.

He Knows Us
                                                               
Sometimes we can feel like nobody really knows us.  We may even be confused ourselves about who we are.  One day we may feel outgoing and the next we want to isolate ourselves.  God knows those who trust in Him.  Trusting means to place our confidence in Him to the point that we don’t need an explanation to believe or act on what He says.  When we place our trust in Him, He knows us.  He knows our fears.  He knows our desires.  He knows our arrogance.  He is not asking for perfection.  He is asking for trust.  We don’t have to explain ourselves.  He knows us.  Trust in Him.  He is your stronghold in the day of trouble.  You don’t have to have your act together.  You don’t have to understand why you may be reacting the way you are.  He knows.  Focus more on trusting and knowing Him and less on trying to depend and know you.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to encourage you! I read you devotions all the time and they comfort me. I am encouraged by them. Thank you,you are being used greatly by God.

    I dont think you remember me, but I remember you. I use to go to La Mirada CC. I'm Monica Ferrtington's good friend. We are now living in Texas.

    Again, thank you
    Bridget Sherman

    ReplyDelete