Friday, May 29, 2015

Knowing God - Fragile, Handle With Care


Ps 39:4

 Lord, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am.
Fragile – Handle With Care



The Lord is able to make us see things about ourselves.  He is a judge who judges accurately.  He is able to remind us how short our lives really are.  He can show us how vulnerable we are and how much we need His protection, promises and power.  He can show us the potential of our fallen nature left unguarded and uninstructed.  He can remind us of the lives we used to live apart from Him and His restraining power.  We need Him to do this.  If we don’t know a box contains fragile items we will treat it in a careless manner often resulting in damage and loss.  I know, as a cancer survivor, I realized JUST how absolutely helpless I was to this invading force ready to eat as much healthy tissue as it could get.  I realized that I truly was dust with HIS breath breathed upon it and my days are not promised to me.  We need Him to remind us how fragile we are apart from His help and strength.  This will keep us in a place of abiding in Him, depending on Him and hiding in Him; sensing our citizenship is truly in heaven and here we have NO continuing city.  We are fragile and He can remind us of that avoiding unnecessary loss and damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment