Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Knowing God - Intellect


1 Kings 4:29
And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore.
The Lord Gives Intellectual Interests

We often hear of the Wisdom of Solomon, but have we considered the fact that the Lord gave him largeness of heart?  The word heart often stands for the very center of a person and their intellect in the King James Version.  This word heart is not used like we use it in Modern English such as feelings or generosity.  Solomon was given an intellect that was interested in all different types of topics and enjoyed learning in general.  The Lord can give us the aptitude and desire to learn.  Many times as a student I found myself in required classes that were completely outside of my natural interest.  I remember praying and asking the Lord to help me interested in learning.  I remember the Lord reminding me that if I were to learn all I could in each class I would be better prepared to take interest in all kinds of people whether I was naturally inclined to their likes or not.  This would help me love people and grow in my respect for others who had chosen to study things I would rather not have.  Ask the Lord to give you, like Solomon, a variety of intellectual interests.  Trust that He can use knowledge to equip you to be a better friend, witness and conversationalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment