Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Knowing God - God Hurts for Us

Jer 4:19

 My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.

The Lord’s Heart is Painful for Us



This is the Lord speaking here.   The Lord is saying that He knows that the armies are going to descend upon His people because His people have not made the Lord their refuge.  He is revealing to us that He is pained in heart because of the consequences His people will be facing.  What a loving God!  It brings Him no pleasure to see us suffer the consequences of our rebellion.  He is pained in heart and deep within our God, He hurts for us.  Here we also see that He cannot hold His peace.  This means He has to say something to speak to His people before they face such times.  Our God wants to speak to us before, during and after times of chastening.  He will speak so that we are exercised by the chastening and that it will bring forth righteous fruit which makes for peace even in the midst of trouble.  Our God is so tender.  Our God is a good Father.  Let us remember to listen for His voice, trust in His love and be cooperative with any sort of discipline He might have to give us.

No comments:

Post a Comment