Thursday, April 9, 2015

Proverbs - Diligence Brings Profit

Proverbs 10:4

 He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand:
 but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.


                            

                   Here is a principle that should help all of us feel a bit more empowered in the financial area of our families.  Sometimes if you are a stay-at-home mom you can sense a lack of contribution to the prosperity of your family.  Here we learn that our diligence will result in prosperity and any half-hearted attempts at keeping our home will result in lack.  I find this refreshing.  When we find ourselves lacking we can then ask the Lord to search us and see if we have been dealing with a slack hand in what He has asked us to do.  At times our family had run short on money.  These were times that I set about to be diligent in housework, laundry, preparing meals, cutting coupons, making the beds, showing up to commitments in a timely manner prepared, doing the dishes, mopping the floor, weeding the garden, schooling the children etc.. I have found that my employer, the Lord Jesus Christ rewards diligence.  Not only did I find myself so busy that I didn’t have time to contemplate what I didn’t have, but I found myself satisfied by consistent, diligent labor. In Eccl 5:12 the Lord tells us that “The sleep of a labouring man is sweet, whether he eat little or much.....”  The Lord is watching our diligence and will provide for us as we are faithful in what He has asked us to do regardless of whether we are being paid for doing it or not by someone else.  Lack can result from many different reasons but let us be sure that it is not from us dealing with a slack hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment