Friday, April 10, 2015

Proverbs - Gather Crops When You Can

Proverbs 10:5

“He who gathers crops in summer is a wise son,
but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son.”


There are seasons in our lives and this proverb tells us that we need to gather in harvest. Whenever I found myself pregnant with another child I knew it was my time to gather as much spiritual input as possible.  I knew that once that baby came there would be ”sparse pickin’s” for a while with the nursing, ear infections, sleepless nights and devotion to that child.  Those were the seasons I went to every bible study, retreat and conference I could attend storing up truths that would hold me through the spiritually barren time I was about to face.  We never know when sickness or other demands will come upon us and we won’t be able to gather the Word of God as we might have opportunity now.  It is a wise thing to soak up His teachings, promises and instruction while the harvest is accessible and we have the time to do so.  Every wise woman builds her home and it is with the fine materials of God’s Word that cause that house to stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment