Thursday, January 22, 2015

Proverbs - Treasure His Word

Proverbs 3:1-2


 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.



                    If the Lord tells us not to forget the law then we are correct in concluding our tendency is to forget the law



                    Here we are told to have our heart keep His commandments.  This word ‘keep’ means to guard or protect.  Do you fight for your time in the Word of God at church or alone with the Lord?  Do you protect and guard that time not allowing the opposing forces to come in and steal this away?

                   Recently, I went to get my wedding ring cleaned.  The jeweler noticed that a prong had bent and the diamond was about to fall out.  What an expensive tragedy that might have been!  My diamond is of great value to me.  I took the ring off and put it in a safe place until I can get it fixed.  This is the type of guarding we should do when it comes to the jewels of His truth.  Reviewing what we’ve heard and being careful not to lose what  jewels we have been given.  Think right now.  What is one ‘jewel’ you have received from the Word of God in the last week?  Do you remember or is the ‘prong’ a bit loose?



                    His commandments will add good stuff to our lives.  How foolish we are when we neglect such wonderful benefits by forgetting His Word and treating His commandments so casually.

No comments:

Post a Comment