Friday, May 4, 2012

Proverbs - Don't Neglect


Proverbs 1:24-28

Because I have called, and ye refused;
I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
            But ye have set at nought all my counsel,
and would none of my reproof:
             I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
            When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
             Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer;
 they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:


                        Sometimes we cry out to the Lord for help in situations our own foolishness got us into and we even remember the Lord trying to give us the wise way to do things in the first place.  He loves us so much that when we do call out to Him in our affliction He hears us and loves to deliver His children.  In some cases, though, it will be hard to hear the wise way out, because of our own stubbornness and refusal to hear.  We must humble ourselves when we get into those messes and be quiet before the Lord that we might receive the wisdom we need to get through such calamity.

No comments:

Post a Comment