Monday, June 11, 2012

Proverbs - Instruction in a Book




Proverbs 4:1-4

 Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father,
and attend to know understanding.
For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.
For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.
He taught me also, and said unto me,
Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.


                        Even if your own father is not alive or through choices of his own cause him to be unable to instruct you in righteousness, the proverbs themselves are here to ‘father’ you and give you good doctrine
           

                        Doctrine here means ‘something received’ or ‘learning’.  The wisdom the Lord is teaching us with in the Word is that which we can receive and become part of who we are and why we do what we do.
           

                        As we retain, or grasp, what wisdom is telling us to do we will really begin to live as the Lord intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment