Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Proverbs - Sluggard!


Proverbs 6:6-11
Don’t Be A Sluggard

 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
 Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
 Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.
 How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?
 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.


                         In the summer time I do not enjoy housework!  Hot water, vacuums, folding hot laundry out of the dryer, and cooking are just not appealing when the weather tells you to sit down and drink lemonade.  I always think it is strange that during the warmest summer months we have an ant problem.  It’s almost like the Lord knows I need to go to the ant, consider her ways and be wise.  He brings these ants to me in order to wake me up from my sluggish, summer ways and be about looking well to the ways of my household.  The precious seemingly insignificant creatures are here partly to teach us lazy humans a thing or two.  In the summer, ants look for water and they are militant about it.  One time I went into my laundry closet and there was an organized line of these tiny creatures going up the wall of my laundry closet, on to the shelf, up the iron and into the small opening where I put water in for steam pressing.  Talk about diligence!  They found water in the laundry closet!  They also reminded me that ironing was necessary in the heat of summer as well as the cozy times of winter!  Thank you Lord for these little lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment