Monday, July 15, 2013

Proverbs - Discover Thyself?

Proverbs 18:2

A fool hath no delight in understanding,
 but that his heart may discover itself.
                  

Our society is big on people understanding themselves.  This amazes me because I know that I am in a state of transformation.  I am always changing.  Once I may discover something about myself I find that it is almost a waste of discovery.  That part of my personality is most likely under construction of the Holy Spirit and I desire to discover that He is making me into more than what I am in the present moment.  As we grow in our knowledge of God and His ways, we are transformed by the renewing of our minds.  We begin to take on His attributes and His heart on matters.  These self discovery paths of counsel, often lead to confusion or perhaps we may get stuck at a certain point of maturity because we feel trapped by what we currently are.  Let us be like clay in the potter’s hands and trust him to change us from glory to glory until Christ be formed in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment